You can submit brief research updates, short abstracts, and full papers.
Guidelines for Research Updates, Abstracts, and Papers:
• Research Update: a brief description of your research project or area, including current status of project. Research Updates are less formal than abstracts, and not as detailed. A paragraph of 250 words or less (not including title, your name/year/major, and your supervising professor). You may submit a Research Update of a new or continuing project. Include a picture!
• Research Abstract: a one-page or less (500 word limit, not including title, your name/year/major and your supervising professor) more formal description in summary form of your research, methods, goal, results, and conclusions. You may submit a Research Abstract of research in progress or of research that is completed. One image or picture may be included.
• Research Paper: a full discussion of your research, written in formal scientific journal format (as appropriate for your subject area). There is no length restriction, and pictures and images are encouraged. The paper must contain an abstract, introduction, materials and methods, Results, and Conclusion. The content must be engineering related, though this can be negotiated.
How do I submit?
• Send your update, abstract, or paper electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org as an Adobe PDF or Microsoft Word document or send a hardcopy version to Dean Martha Absher, Hudson Hall, P.O. Box 91002. Your name should be on a coversheet only, with the title and supervising professor’s name. Number all pages.
• Include pictures and diagrams in .jpg format no bigger than 500 kb.
• For abstracts and papers, complete and sign the Confidentiality and Publication Rights Form and have your supervising professor sign also as indicated. Print out the form, which must be completed on paper, signed, and returned to 117D Hudson Hall (mailbox on right of door or slipped under door). This form cannot be emailed, and typed or facsimile signatures will not be acceptable.
• Please submit a picture of yourself (your face only) if you would like this on the website.
What is the timeline for submission?
The deadline is a rolling one, and you may submit at any time.
What is the Review Process?
All submissions will be reviewed confidentially. The Chief Editors will remove your name, assign a number to your paper, and submit it to reviewers.
Research Updates will be looked over by the Editors in Chief for grammatical/format errors. Abstracts and papers will be sent to the editors for a full review.
For all submissions, you will be informed of the decision (publish, publish with revisions, or not accepted for publication), and will be provided with any relevant anonymous review comments for your submission.
What happens after I am accepted for publication?
You will be notified of your acceptance, and of any changes or modifications necessary to publish your material. Publication will be online, at the JUPITER website of http://jupiter.pratt.duke.edu/.